Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) is a comprehensive analytics and reporting platform that provides a full range of capabilities, including interactive information dashboards, ad-hoc queries, proactive alerts and notifications, business and financial reporting, management and strategy scorecards, business process enablement, collaboration, mobile access, integrated management and many other functionalities.
The OBIEE suite is based on a web services-oriented architecture that can be easily integrated into an enterprise’s existing IT infrastructure, thereby achieving minimal total cost of ownership (TCO) and maximum return on investment (ROI).
OBIEE integrates with all common data sources, ETL tools, business applications (ERP,CRM), application servers, security mechanisms, portals, as well as other ODBC-compliant analytical tools. OBIEE 11g provides access to data from multiple heterogeneous sources, including relational as well as multidimensional data and ERP,CRM applications from Oracle and SAP. The platform provides a consistent enterprise information model, a unified security model and the ability to jointly configure, deploy and manage multiple BI system elements from a single location, significantly simplifying administration and reducing the cost of ownership of this class of system.
- Intelligent use of multiple information sources, including Oracle and third-party databases
- 100% “thin client”
- Full ad-hoc analysis capability via the internet/intranet
- Unified interface to any data source, simultaneously supporting relational databases, OLAP sources, files, services, websites, among others
- One consistent metadata model (model-centric)
- Integrated management of performance indicators and corporate strategy
- Ability to take knowledge-based action by calling processes directly from BI applications
- Advanced, interactive cockpits with automatic recommendations in the area of analysis
- Preventive detection and alerting as well as a multi-level analytical process
- Advanced functions for creating and publishing “pixel-perfect” reports
- Full set of analytical functions for mobile users
- Integrated BI platform management for high availability and low administration costs
- Available on Windows and Linux, in 32 and 64 bit versions
- Deployable at departmental as well as corporate level
- Integrated EPM/OBI (Planning & Analytics) platform