Microsoft SQL Server
SQL Server is usually associated exclusively with a relational database support system. In reality, however, it is just one component of a package called SQL Server Database Engine. In addition to it, by opting for SQL Server 2016 an organisation gains access to:
- Analysis Services – provides tools for creating and managing Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) applications and enables data mining, so-called data mining,
- Reporting Services – consists of server components and client applications that allow the creation, editing and management of reports,
- Integration Services – is a toolkit for data migration, copying and transformation. It includes a Data Quality Services (DOS) component that enables the construction of a knowledge base to manage key areas for data quality in an organisation,
- Master Data Services – the solution responsible for master data management – the foundation of data quality management,
- SQL Server R Services – is a platform for developing intelligent applications in the powerful R programming language.
See a video about the features provided by the Microsoft Azure cloud in the area of Data Warehousing.
SQL Server is the database system with the fewest data security vulnerabilities, according to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). The Information Technology Industry Council, in turn, describes it as the most secure database.
Find out more – Microsoft SQL Server 2016