Oracle Hyperion Planning
Oracle Hyperion Planning is a flexible platform supporting planning, budgeting and forecasting processes based on interactive access to all functionalities via a browser or MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Users can use any planning methods such as:
- Driver-based planning
- Quantitative planning
- Top-down planning
- Bottom-Up planning
- Rolling Forecasts,
- Combining the above within a single application, a set of planning forms, a specific sub-plan or even a single form.
- The built-in worflow of the submission process allows the planning cycle to be managed in a multidimensional manner fully supporting the matrix dependencies in the organisation.
The core elements of the platform are:
- Access to application via a browser or MS Office applications
- Hyperion Planning application server processing all users’ operations
- Oracle Hyperion Essbase OLAP server, which is the analytical and calculation engine for the planning model
- A relational metadata database managed autonomously by the planning model architect or through enterprise metadata management solutions such as Oracle Hyperion DRM